Monday, April 19, 2010

2-D Design Class Chronicle- Project 2

It took me much longer than I intended to get this up here. This was project two, we had to come up with a shape, repeat it 8+ times and paste it down on an 18"x24". Then repeat it with opposite colors, black on white, white on black. I liked the way it turned out and a couple of weeks ago my teacher asked me to bring it back to submit it to a juried show. This last week when I was going to my class I saw it hanging! Unfortunately I didn't get the best picture of it before handing it over.

The second assignment in the project is a paper cut out with one accent color. This is a succulent modeled off of a picture I took. Once again not the best picture taken of it, but documented nonetheless.

I should be getting graded projects 4 and 5 back tonight. I am excited about the concept of project 4 which is a 6 panel painting intended to hang in a public space with a different color scheme on each panel. I chose to replicate the line study below. The execution was a little poor due to some masking issues but it gave me a good idea of what it could look like with better masking so I may revisit it. I will post the painting soon.

5 comments:

Hot Cakes said...

I'll give you a grade.... A+!!
Love that succulent!

Rebecca Ednie said...

I love that flower, it is gorgeous! Very unique too. thebragal

NEEDLEWINGS said...

This is awesome! Yep an A+ that's for sure!

Rochelle said...

The black and white would make a great quilt design. You really are very talented.

swapbot-stampkrl

Jessica said...

Very cool stuff!

Swapbot icalea