Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Risque?

I completed these collages about a month ago and immediately put them in my archives without documenting them. I was a little concerned about the content and message, how people may react... specifically to Head in the Sand. I am not interested in making this my platform for issues I may or may not have with my country and the world in general but I am interested in creating things that provoke thinking, even if it is just my own thoughts that are provoked. Aside from that, I like the elements of the collage, I like that it is a little edgy... so there it is.

This next one, not so much message-bearing as it is just a little risque, more skin than usual and a straight up appropriation of someone else's full work of art. I got this out of an awesome book about the history of mass art that is full of beauties like this and a whole bunch of huge-eyed children and creatures. Pretty amusing and very disturbing.

Also, M helped me make a lot of the executive desicions in the content of this collage. Co-creating is fun!

No comments: