Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Yeti Lives!

After our Thanksgiving Portland trip I passed along a few pictures of my Dad to him and he captioned them Yeti lives! I think this response was partly fueled by my sister's boyfriend's somewhat sincere belief in Bigfoot, and how we all like to give him a hard time about it. So I got an idea for their Christmas presents.

I made several digital designs combining Yeti & Mt. Hood silhouettes and adding a few design/composition elements. I would have loved to hand pull these prints on t-shirts but had time constraints so went for iron-on transfers. They turned out so much better than I anticipated.





Needless to say I will be making more apparel with t-shirt transfer material.

7 comments:

Anna said...

I never done iron-on transfers by myself but of course I used those few times when I was a kid. Your shirts look pretty good!

Love,
Anna

Meg said...

I might not know what a Yeti is, but these t-shirts look amazing! By the way, how do you hand pull the prints on t-shirts?

Coleen said...

Hi Hot Cakes, following you now from Swap-bot. No we weren't partners, but I like visiting around. Hope you'll check out my blog and follow as well:
www.vintageterrace2.blogspot.com
Happy New Year to you and yours,

Coleen in Ukraine

Astra said...

how creative! I wonder if you thought about starting your own shop and sell some of the T-shirts once a person chooses the designs they like

New beginnings said...

It looks fantastic. I always have great hopes for a handmade Christmas and it never manages to work out that way....perhaps next year. I've used iron on transfers to put the name on the back of my childrens t-shirts for Tumbletots but never thought of using them for anything else....did you use photoshop?
Great Blog
ellabellaboo from Swapbot

Unknown said...

You have an amazing blog! Thanks for sharing, I will definitely be following from now on. I also really enjoyed your Etsy store :) From Vallyncia at Swapbot.

Lauren said...

This is such a cool idea! Personalised t-shirts FTW ^_^
<3 LozzaBee on swap-bot xo