Thursday, June 20, 2013

Collage Themed Zine- Spiro Love

I followed up my last swap with this one that was a collage themed zine swap. I started making a few collaged zines here and there and was looking through my collage elements I keep on hand both physical and digital and I came accross my spiro collages. Instead of mining them for elements I decided to straght up use them from their original state. For one of the panels and the front and back cover I did take parts from other collages to make new ones coming up with this latest spiro collage
Again, I had a lot of fun creating this one and look forward to more projects coming down the line. I am appreciating that I can find the balance between combining material, in person, original elements and then taking them to the scanner and creating more from there. It provides great flexibility, possibilities, and a more polished look. I am still a major fan of cutting and pasting with paper
though!
 
The zine layout...
 
Next swap I signed up for is to create a zine kit so someone can build their own zine!
 
 


No comments: