Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Thrift Store Love 2

Hello and welcome back, to me... I haven't blogged for about half a month now. I am not sure why I chose today to begin again considering my brain is barely limping along after many days of celebrating, appropriately capped off with a booze-filled night ringing in the new year... *groan*

I am going to try and attempt to catch you up to speed because while taking a hiatus from the computer I haven't been from my craft and design world.

For my birthday earlier in December I received some $$ with strict instructions from my Grandma S. to spend it on something fun and for me... I took the instructions very seriously and here is what I found:


This tray is silver and highly reflective, almost like a mirror. Perfect for my table with all my girly-girl things for my hair, skin, nails, etc. The tea cup has the best color combination with a sweet soft minty green lined with gold. The detail inside is such a lovely touch, I'm a sucker for cute designs. I was told at the thrift store that the cup was an antique that belonged to a famous Santa Fe woman Concha Ortiz y Pino whose family has been in Santa Fe since about the late 1600's. I'm psyhed, especially since I have begun to read Blood and Thunder which is mainly the story of Kit Carson but inevitably includes New Mexico and Santa Fe history. I'm feeling like a nerd by being so excited about New Mexico history...

No comments: